The submission deadline for regular papers ended on May 29 and for post deadline papers on August 21.
We thank you for the submitted papers!
Call for Papers
Deadline Paper Submission: May 29, 2022 Post Deadline Paper Submission: August 21, 2022
Submission of Post Deadline Papers
Instruction on how to submit a paper for MOC2022
I. Download Template File
II. Prepare your paper
Original papers that have not been previously presented and that describe new technical contributions to the areas covered by the microoptics will be accepted for presentation. See the scope for detail of covered areas of microoptics. Authors will be requested to submit 2-page paper written in English, including text, figures, tables, and references.
- Do not use two-byte characters.
- Times-Font family should be used as the standard font.
- If you wish to type symbolic characters, please use Symbol-Font family.
The system accepts PDF file of camera-ready papers within 5 MB of the file size.
III. Prepare copyright transfer form
The copyright of the article published in the 27th Microoptics Conference (MOC2022) Technical Digest is to be transferred to Fraunhofer IOF. Please download the copyright transfer form, fill in the blanks, and upload it together with your paper.
IV. Upload files
The authors of accepted papers will also have the chance to publish an extended, full-length version of the paper presented at MOC2022 in a special issue of the Journal Advanced Optical Technologies (https://www.degruyter.com/journal/key/aot/html), which is an international peer-reviewed scientific journal published by DeGruyter and partnering with the European Optical Society (EOS).
The submission deadline for the full-length paper would be the November 14, 2022, and the publication of the special issue is scheduled for April 2023.
General terms for the paper submission
1. Operation and use of the upload pages
- You are solely responsible for the information and content (e.g. texts, images) that you provide in the uploaded paper and copyright transfer form. You agree to comply with applicable law (e.g. criminal law and youth protection law) and not to violate the rights of third parties (e.g. copyrights and other protective rights or rights to a name and other personal rights).
- Fraunhofer IOF is entitled to block access to individual contents submitted by you or to remove these contents at any time without prior notice if there is a suspicion that these contents violate applicable law or third party rights.
- You are not entitled to claim maintenance of individual functionalities of the upload pages. Fraunhofer IOF shall be entitled to discontinue the operation of the upload pages in whole or in part at any time without giving reasons, without this giving rise to any claims for damages on your part. The discontinuation of operation will be announced in advance on the website.
- Fraunhofer IOF shall endeavor to ensure that the upload pages operate without any disruptions. This is naturally limited to services on which Fraunhofer IOF has an influence. Fraunhofer IOF is at liberty to restrict access to the upload pages due to maintenance work, capacity requirements and other events beyond the control of Fraunhofer IOF, either partially or completely, temporarily or permanently.
2. Other obligations on conduct in the upload pages
- When using the upload pages to upload a paper and the copyright transfer form, you are obliged to observe legal regulations and to protect the rights of third parties (cf. Section 1.1), as well as to maintain good morals and manners. This means in particular that you not upload content that may be perceived by other users as offensive, defamatory or irreverent; and that you not upload files that are infected with, or appear to be infected with, a virus.
- You must refrain from all actions that could impair and/or excessively burden the operation of the upload pages or the technical infrastructure behind it. This includes in particular the use of software, scripts, or databases in connection with the use of the upload pages.
- Fraunhofer IOF is entitled at any time and without prior notice to remove uploaded contents if there is a suspicion that the posting of these contents violates the aforementioned obligations of conduct.
3. Right of use
- The rights of the content created by you and uploaded by you are held by you.
- You grant Fraunhofer IOF free of charge a non-exclusive right of use, unlimited in space, time and content, in particular, to store the content on the server(s) of the Website and offline storage media and for permanent public reproduction of the uploaded paper content, either in whole or in part. Fraunhofer IOF is entitled to use, process and exploit the paper content at any time. This includes, in particular, the right of reproduction, the right of distribution and the right to make the paper content publicly available. The user waives the right to be named as the author.
- If necessary for the use of the content according to the purposes described in previous paragraph, Fraunhofer IOF is entitled to transfer the rights granted to it to third parties and/or to grant similar rights of use to third parties in turn.
- You represent and warrant that you are authorized to dispose of the rights granted above to the extent outlined in these general terms and that no third party rights to the content exist that conflict with your use under this agreement.
4. Paper recall
- You have the right to recall your paper and copyright transfer form without giving reasons.
- In this case, please inform us, Fraunhofer IOF, firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your full name and the title of the uploaded paper.
- Consequences of recall: In case of a recall, all documents uploaded by you (paper and copyright transfer form) will be deleted from our storage media and will no longer be considered for the jury’s evaluation process. This means that the possibility of your paper being accepted by the jury and you being able to present this paper at MOC2022 will be forfeited. You are allowed to submit a paper with a different content in order to participate in the jury evaluation process.
- If any actions taken by you in connection with the use of the upload pages and/or any uploaded content violate any legal provisions or rights of third parties, you shall indemnify and hold Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft e.V. harmless for its Fraunhofer IOF and its employees or agents from and against any claims of third parties arising therefrom and undertake to reimburse Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft e.V. for all costs incurred by Fraunhofer IOF in connection with such claims. The reimbursable costs include in particular the costs of an adequate legal defense, which Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft e.V. incurs for its Fraunhofer IOF in defending itself against third party claims. In this case, you will be informed immediately of any legal defense measures to be taken.